Saturday, August 12, 2006

LIP GLOSS IS A WEAPON PEOPLE















OH NOES TEH TERRORISTS WERE GONNA USE GATORADE AND TOOTHPASTE AS A WEAPON. WE DON'T HAVE A PRAYER.

Are you kidding me...I Jesus is this what we have come to? Scared to death over lip gloss and a bottle of fruit punch. All this new warning did was cause people to stand in line longer then they had to because God forbid someone got on board with their IPOD because then we might really be in for it.

Ok yes I guess it is serious. I mean in theory if this plot happened we could have easily seen a couple thousand people blown out of the sky at once. Its not a pleasant thought but the security measures they put in place afterwards are no picnic either. It's been proven time and time again that people can sneak just about anything onto a plane if they are creative enough. I remember when I was on the Red Eye coming back from Vegas that someone brought their dog onto the plane with them.

This whole no carry on bagage in England thing is not going to work. What about the regular baggage. You can still hide a bomb in there. They did that with that Pan Am flight over Scotland. A little explosive molded into a common walkman of the time.

So this current threat of appearently mixing liquids seems far fetched to me. I mean unless it's the same bomb used in Die Hard 3 I kinda doubt you can mix chemicals and ignite them with a camera flash or cell phone or even an IPOD.

I think when it comes down to it this is another case of having to justify all these preemptive measures. I mean its not like it's Baghdad in New York or London with some dumb Jihadi blowing up a market every 15 minutes or random bombs going off. For the most part with the exception of Bali, Madrid, and London...nothing has happened since 9/11. Most people don't really care about 9/11 anymore so these terror plots kinda come out when they need a reminding of sorts.

I know I'm being cynical but damn it you know it's the truth. I don't care about the war. I know no one who really does. We're more concerned with the price of living going up then some problem in the middle east. It's funny how if we got into this war for Oil yet the price of Oil is higher then ever before.

I guess a peace time economy is better for the gas guzzlers.

No comments: