Sunday, July 23, 2006

I swear it's all about timing

According to the Box office types, My Super Ex-Girlfriend (With Luke Wilson and Uma Thurman) will be a bomb because it will only pull in maybe $7 Million total this weekend.

Personally it pisses me off when you got an original idea like this and the movie doesn't do to well. Unlike other movies that have bloated budgets this one seems like it was fairly cheap to make (well by blockbuster standards).

Luke Wilson is a damn good actor and Uma Thurman is many a man's dream woman so how could it fail?

I'll tell you how it fails. First it was put out at the wrong time of year. A movie like this is good for the late fall not the height of the summer. I can count alot of movies that were great but did poorly because they opened against a huge blockbuster.

I'm thinking about going back to school to get a degree in film and I can tell you honestly if I had a choice between a huge action film and a quirky comedy date movie, I'd take the date movie. With action flicks there's no guarentee it will do well. With comedy date movies you get word of mouth and you should be able to generate a decent profit. If I had a special someone I know I would probably take her to go see this over what ever the hell else is playing. I mean if your going to spend $40 bucks on tickets and food alone then you might as well make the movie worth your while.

Besides it has Uma Thurman in spandex...how the hell can it fail?

No comments: