Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The fetus feels pain...who knew

So I'm flipping through the channels earlier and Dan Abrams on MSNBC has on this Arizona state rep who has introduced a bill in the AZ house that would require Doctors who give abortions by law to explain in detail that basically fetus's feel pain. I'm guessing it's supposed to be a guilt trip to put on the woman (as if she doesnt have enough stress going for an abortion it self).

Well as I was watching the debate I was thinking to myself, if your a woman and you've made the decision that you have to get an abortion does it really matter if they tell you the fetus will feel pain? I'm not trying to be insensitive here and I'm sure there are plenty of pro lifer's who will argue that bullshit like this (and believe me it is bullshit) should be required even though most Doctors probably don't support this notion as Scientific fact.

In my morbid curiosity, I've watched a few abortion videos that I found on Ogrish and Abortion by all accounts is not pretty. But from what I've seen of it, it's a fairly quick process so any pain the fetus might feel would be minimal at best. But you see this just proves my point that Abortion will not be outlawed by the Supreme court. States will just come up with creative laws to test the court so that it can be restricted to hell.

All I know is I'm glad I live in one of those evil Blue states where stuip bills like this dont have a chance in hell of being passed. I'm sure fetus's do feel pain on some level, but if your going through with the abortion your not going to have the doctor poke and prod and then stop midway just because the fetus is in pain.

That's just my take on the situation, I could be wrong but I'm usually not.

No comments: