Saturday, February 11, 2006

OMFG IT'S SNOWING and some other thoughts

So yeah it's 2:46 in the AM here in the Rotten Apple that is New York City and right now we are bunkered down for THE GREAT BLIZZARD OF 06...well at least thats how the local media is playing it. They love these snow storms since it gives them an excuse to do round the clock coverage. I'm all for up to the minute information, but after a while it gets boring watching the same shot of some mall in Jersey being plowed for the 15th time. But it's a Nor' Easter so I guess there is some cause for concern. I can't even see out my window due to the snow that has caked itself onto the screen.

Well scratch that, I just tapped the screen and got the snow off it. It's coming down in a light powder form. If I had to describe it I guess it looks like the mounds of Cocaine that you would find in the dressing rooms of Motley Crue, Guns and Roses, and Ozzy Osbourne back in the day.

Ok well on that note lets move on to some random thoughts like I promised.

Ariel Sharon
I personally believe the guy is brain dead. He's been in a "coma" for almost two months and now he has gangrene setting into his stomach which prompted the emergency surgery this morning. Supposedly the Israeli's have been keeping him alive because they dont have a chain of command set in stone. If he is being kept alive for this reason, I suspect he will die sometime after the Israeli elections. It's a pretty fucked up thing to do, but I guess it's better then having the country fall apart as political factions come out of the wood work looking to gain control.

Jill Carrol
Now like I said in a post below, I'm starting to think she is a sympathizer rather then a victim here. I remember reading somewhere that women who are taken prisoner by muslim captors become slaves to them so at the least this woman probably had been gang raped by the scum that took her captive. But as the weeks have gone on, its like either they dont have the balls to kill her or she's clearly on their side and willingly doing their bidding. I mean think about it, they set a new execution date of Febuary 26th. First off going by previous executions by these dogs they weren't so generous. It was three days and then a tape showed up with a beheading or the person in question getting a bullet to the head as they chant ALLAH AKBAR meaning God is Great.

My father came up with the notion that she might be a sympathizer and I'm inclined to agree. Of course it could just be that they dont want to kill her because killing a young attractive woman would not be good for their cause. Plus its been said this is some new group so theres that whole rookie jitter thing. I hope and pray that I'm wrong and that she isnt a sympathizer, but if she is you won't see me crying if they turn on her and kill her.

I think thats it for now, theres nothing much in the news that interests me. The NSA story should be a big deal but Bush and company are in spin mode and if you come out against going after terrorists your either a liberal or a cooke in the eyes of most people. I'm all for spying on our enemies, but this is a slippery slope and people in power have been known to take advantage of a small opening like this. FISA is in place for a reason and if Bush said fuck it I dont have to do it like that then he's broken the law and theres no getting around that.

Ah well I'm done for now. I'll have my Rant of the Week up sometime later today or tomorrow depending on my mood.

Oh yeah notice the support Denmark banners, well do it. All these people bitching about these cartoons can go suck it. I was offened as a Catholic by the South Park Bloody Mary episode but you didnt see me demanding Matt and Trey be beheaded.

I hope they spoof this one next season, Islamo Facists need to be humbled.

No comments: