Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Wow that was three years well spent

So I figure I'll jump on the bandwagon and post my thoughts on the 3 year anniversery of the war on Iraq. Iraq is on the verge of a civil war if not in the mist of one right now. As much as President Bush wants to spin the positives, the negatives still out weigh them by a whole hell of a lot.

Now before this war started I was very much in the camp that Iraq needed to be punished. 14 broken resolutions were 13 to many. 9/11 was still ringing in our minds and they drilled into out heads that IRAQ WAS WORKING WITH AL QAEDA. SADDAM IS WORKING WITH THE ENEMY. In retrospect its a load of crap, but back then we all were waiting for the second wave. I remember I wrote a paper in my English class on the case for war against Iraq. I actually made a much more convincing argument then Powell did at the UN. I wrote about how there was plenty of evidence that Iraq had VX, Sarin, and other nasty weapons and the potential death toll if they were used would be around 4.2 million.

I didnt buy for a moment that Saddam could strike anyone in 45 minutes. I argued that he could sell the weapons to our enemies and from there I laid out a couple what if's. Israel gets attacked and promptly nukes Iraq in retaliation. I wish I still had the file cause I'd post it because it was some damn good work that I wrote. If the draft comes back like most feel it will within the next year or so, I'm gonna try and BS my way into a propoganda job or something.

But here we are three years later and Iraq fell rather quickly and since then it's been a disaster of epic proportions. What it comes down to is the Iraqi special forces disbanded and went into the civilan population and Bush and company were to gung ho to do some real work and root them out. According to main stream media, those guys are the ones doing all the attacks these days. They also say alot of the bombs have the finger prints of Iran all over them. I could argue about that, but why bother.

What ever the reason we went to Iraq this is for certain.

As of March 21, 2006

U.S. Deaths Confirmed By The DoD: 2314
Reported U.S. Deaths Pending DoD Confirmation: 4
Total 2318

17,004 have been wounded

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties.htm

This is a list of the month by month reports.

The D.O.D I think said 20,000 civilans have been killed as a result of combat actions and terrorist attacks.

Most independent sources place the number at well over 100,000

Right now Iraq is spiraling into Civil War as between 50 and 60 people are killed every day. This stuff between the Sunnis and Shi'ites is like Catholics and Protestant's. It's that little difference in interpertation that is causing people to be slaughtered.

Maybe someday I'll post what I really think of the so called religon of peace, but for now I'm staying on this war.

So President Bush, Vice President Cheney, Rummy, and others in the adminstration say we need to relax. Things are tense. They are not in a civil war. Well I dont know about the rest of you, but if that many people being killed a day just for their religion by their neighbors who are another religion...if that isnt a civil war then what the hell is.

Of course The President says stay the course. Well the course is fucked in plain english Mr. President. You got us into a war with no exit plan and with war with Iran looming right now the 2300 + that have died will be a drop in the bucket as the number will go up ten fold.

I'm rambling right now so bare with me. All I know is this. This war has been a joke, it's almost a half a billion in the red, and the idiocy of the adminstration is so laughable that it's sad.

I'll admit I was for this war at first, but I can admit when I made a mistake. If the President wants to fix his sagging poll numbers, he along with all his cohorts should do the same.

No comments: