Monday, April 23, 2007

This is why movies don't make money anymore

I went to go see Hot Fuzz yesterday and it was pretty damn good. But the process of going to the movies and once inside sour the experience. It's bad enough when you gotta deal with traffic, but this is what it cost for me and my brother to see this movie.

$21.50 for two tickets
$11.00 for medium popcorn and soda
$4.50 for a 20 Coke Zero from the vending machine.

Four and a half friggin dollars for a bottle of soda. I can go to my deli and get 3 bottles for that price.

This is why movies don't make money anymore. Oh sure you got the bloated budgets and uninspired scripts and carbon copy's of carbon copies. But when it comes down to it going to the movies just costs to damn much. Thats why I'd rather wait for dvd or it come on HBO or something.

Well at least the movie was good. If it wasn't I'd really be pissed.

No comments: