Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Truly a sad day for broadcasting

I thought I was going to hold back on the whole Imus situation because honestly I didn't care. I've been listening to Imus for close to five years so I missed out on him during his glory days of being fueled on Cocaine and Vodka, but still the show is great to listen to. Imus's show is fun to listen to as they have fun with the news. Yeah the world sucks but that doesn't mean everything has to be so damn serious all the time. The news is just breaking that MSNBC has decided to cancel it's simulcast of Imus in the Morning. For the time being it's still going to be on the radio, but you know that's next.

What the fuck is wrong with this country. When did we lose our collective sense of humor. Ok so he called basically a bunch of ugly women. News flash most women basketball players are kinda butch if you catch my drift. 99% of the people saying Imus should be fired don't even listen to his show. How can you call for someone to be fired when you don't even listen to the show. MSNBC should be called Ms. NBC because it's quite obvious they don't have any balls for giving into all the nay sayers.

In the grand scheme of things, Imus isn't going to be to choked up because he hated MSNBC anyway so he's probably glad to be off the network, but I can guarantee he would of wanted to go out on his own terms and all the talking heads saying he should be fired isn't it. It's funny cause tomorrow and Friday is his annual radio-thon where he raises millions upon millions for charity, but I guess we're supposed to ignore all the good he does. So he said something stupid. We all say stupid things. Hell I've lost count of the times I've said things I wish I didn't. If you say your sorry that should be good enough. All MSNBC did today was basically bend over and say stick it in as far as you can to the 2% of the population that ruins it for the other 98% of us.

Granted I'm just one person, but MSNBC just lost me as a viewer. It's a shame because I really like Countdown with Keith Olberman, but maybe when MSNBC grows a sack maybe I'll watch them in the future. But for the time being at least there's still CNN. I gave up on FOX a long time ago for being a viable source of news and information.

For the time being, here's what will probably be the last Cardinal Egan sketch for a long time.



MSNBC, you can go suck it.

No comments: