Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pants guy files for appeal

It's been a month or so since I posted, but I was burned out and needed a break. But I'm back and ready to go and this guy just makes me laugh.

Originally what happened was Judge Roy Pearson of Washington D.C. sent a pair of pants to a local dry cleaner. They were his good pants or something and they ended up getting lost. It happens with dry cleaning but instead of letting them replace the pants or what ever he flips out and decides to sue for $54 Million dollars. Now I've had many pairs of pants in my life. But none of them were worth $54 million.

He claims he's doing this for the good of everyone so shady business people don't rip you off. I'm sure I can sell him a bridge here in Brooklyn while I'm at it if he honestly believes that. Well the judge in the case tossed it saying there was no merit and instead of taking his defeat he's appealing because issues weren't raised and facts weren't known.

This guy all ready has lost his job on the bench so this is all he really has and he's willing to fight to the death for it. I admire his stuborness, but this case is everything thats wrong with the American civil system. The fact someone even bring this suit speaks volumes about the work that needs to be done to fix it.

My advice is cut your losses and just go get some new pants all ready. For the money he's spent on this he could have bought a whole closet full of them.

No comments: